Thursday, March 19, 2009

Let the clothes washing commence!

We had our 34 week doctor's appointment today, and our 2nd (and last) sonogram. I am proud to report that Helen really is a girl :) I am even more proud to announce that she is a healthy girl! She was breech last time, but has now headed south and is ready to come out (soon, please). She is just weighing in at a little over 5 pounds now, and rejoice, the doc said that she will most likely only gain about 2 more pounds in the next month. Y'all, seriously, that put me in a GREAT mood! I am feeling rejuvenated at the thought of only having to push out about 7 pounds! I can do that! What I am not so excited about is having to wait maybe 6 more weeks to see her! I don't know if I can do that! I have attached some pics below, though some are a little hard to figure out what you're looking at.

Check out that head! ;) I made sure to ask the doc if that was bigger than usual, and was assured it wasn't. But she is still looking a little alien-ish here, right?

Here is Helen looking a little more human. You can see her sweet face and a hand that might be pinching that cheek? That's the placenta in front of the lower part of her face and body. She looks like she might have hair, too, but I can't tell if that's just a shadow.

This one is a little more vague. Her face is in the upper left corner and her little arms are curled up on the bottom and right of her face. Her legs are curled up right underneath...she looks squooshed in there!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, Chels. The second photo, the one on the right, should totally affirm what we all knew to be true already...she is going to be an ADORABLE child!! I heart Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely the MOST beautiful baby in the entire world!!! And I'm not being partial.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I know you are more than ready!

    ReplyDelete