Monday, January 26, 2009

"So what have y'all done to the baby's room??"

Ugh. That dreaded question. The question that has been plaguing me since about Thanksgiving. The question that reminds me just how unprepared we are! (Especially when mom tells me that “you just never know when a baby’s going to come!”) Well, for all of you just dying to know what has been done to that darn baby’s room…NOTHING! And here’s a pic to prove it!

See? Still a Guest Room! (Also pictured: my hip attachment)

However, we are making some headway on other aspects of Helen’s room. This weekend Kevin and I (well, just Kevin, really) put together the little alien’s dresser. I am still missing some drawer pulls, so it’s not exactly completed yet. I got the cute green ones on there from Hobby Lobby in Jackson, and I need to go back and get 2 more. I also put together her changing table, which was a lot less complicated. We are just waiting on getting the floors redone so we can start moving in the furniture. Also included is a pic of her bedding, which turned out to be a lot pinker than I had originally planned, but I really love it. We are very fortunate to be using our niece’s crib when she gets out of it in a month or two, so don’t you guys worry about that. We also did a ton of de-cluttering. What they say about the whole "nesting instinct" that we pregnant women experience is totally true. I get this incredible urge like I've never gotten before (believe me, I've never gotten it) to get rid of stuff. I mean, I have just chunked stuff that I have been hanging onto for years! All of my junk drawers are no longer junky, and you should just take a look underneath our bed! Go ahead. It's amazing. I recommend getting knocked up for this aspect alone! Whew....anyway, I am so glad that we are finally getting some things done, and I know you're relieved too, judging from the frequency of this damn question ;)

Helen's dresser needs 2 more pulls

Changing Table

Bedding

5 comments:

  1. Why didn't that "throw junk away" instinct kick in when you were living at home????
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're ahead of me! I HAVE painted the whole house and thrown stuff away....but have nothing else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bedding. If you're like me, the nesting instinct won't go away for a while. I still have it. Oh, wait...I think that's just my OCD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie, it is time that you just say it out loud...you LOVE being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all you and kelvin smiff are getting done for miss helen dean....
    she is GOING to have the BESTEST parents and the MOST fun growing up !!!!
    love, candee'

    ReplyDelete