Thursday, January 22, 2009

Helen Springsteen Smith?

That has a nice ring to it, right? Ridiculous?...I know. But believe me, I have suggested this name to Kevin. (Yes, really.) I have a thing for Bruce Springsteen. Yeah, it's bigger than that thing I have for Patrick Swayze! In my opinion, The Boss is one of the greatest and most prolific storytellers of our time. (Although, Patrick sure did blow all our minds with "She's Like The Wind", right?) Anyway, Bruce's songs have inspired me ever since my big brother turned me on to him back in high school. They are all about outsiders, the working class man, and ordinary people looking for a better life. His romantic side and my longing to get the hell out of my hometown brought us together years ago, and I am still hooked. I have only had the opportunity to go to one of his concerts, but it was a perfect one. I was living in Boston and it was the first show ever to play Fenway Park. I was on the internet hours before the tickets went on sale, and was lucky enough to get two pretty close to the stage. For those of you that know me, you know I have been to see a lot of music. The Bruce show easily ranks in my top 3 ever. It was a non-stop show, full of energy. At one point, Bruce was even hanging upside down from the microphone stand! (I know! You can't even imagine the hotness.) Anyway, I am loving the XM/Sirius "E Street" radio. I feel like it is finally coming into it's own and playing some really great tunes. If you have satellite radio, don't miss out, look up E Street Radio. You can thank me later.

1 comment: