Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Bob D!

Okay, so honestly, we don't have a clue when Oscar's birthday is, but he should be turning 3 sometime around now. For those of you who remember when we got him, his previous owners said he was 8 weeks old when we picked him up. Right. He was tiny. But it had been so long since either Kevin or I had brought a puppy home that we really didn't know the difference. Also, we "picked him up" out of a bucket at the Richland Walmart. I'm sure you can imagine. (*I totally don't condone this...you should always get your doggies at the humane society!*) After we picked him out, the man said, "Thas tha one I'da pickt too." Yep, destined for greatness.

Anyway, Oscar (who mostly goes by Bob or some other variation now) has been through a lot since then. He has hip dysplasia, has had hip surgery, and will probably be on meds for the rest of his life. And being the redhead that he is, has quite the temper when tested (and sometimes when he's not) Through all of this, he and I have developed a really special bond. As most of you know, he and I are obsessed with one another, and he is attached to my hip pretty much at all times! (I am sure as soon as Kevin sees this post I will definitely get an ear-full!) He's a great friend and a lot of fun. His hobbies include daily long walks, chasing cats, eating lizards, and maintaining his bad-ass status. So, happy b-day, Bob, we wish you many more!

Baby Bob...true colors starting to shine.


Young Bob D...back when he still had green eyes.


Quite the handsome 3 year old

No comments:

Post a Comment