Saturday, January 3, 2009

"The face that launched a thousand ships"

Kevin and I had a really tough time compromising on a name for the alien princess. We just couldn't figure it out, and you know, since she is the first-born it had to be perfect! Anyway, our little girl's name will be Helen Dean Smith, after my grandmother, my mom's mother. I have so many wonderful memories growing up at her house with my brother and our neighborhood friends. She had the best sense of humor and always had something off-the-wall to say. I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree...both mom and I have been accused of being a little kooky at times. I'm pretty sure Helen Jr. will also get some of that goofiness as well...and if there really is payback, she's definitely going to be a little spit-fire!

Helen bringing the sass.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure your grandmother would be honored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it. And that picture is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Jessie!! I love it! Little girls are fun!,

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Jessie! That's awesome! You know I love your Grandma! She was so cool!
    Of course, I love your whole family!
    Tell your mom and Ben I said hi!

    ReplyDelete