Monday, April 20, 2009

A few more people should be pullin' their weight...

Well, this past weekend was a Vicksburg weekend. I went up to the Burg to visit with my mother and go to the Riverfest flea market to support a vendor that I had been dying to see. She makes these really sweet dresses from antique fabrics like tablecloths, napkins, pillowcases, etc. They are really cute & one of a kind, so I slipped on my extra-supportive tennis shoes and braved the port-o-pottys. I hope Helen likes to wear dresses, cause girl got some!
After we hit the flea market, my mom, aunt, and I went to Rusty's for lunch. I hadn't been there in awhile, and was excited for some good food (nothing unusual about that these days). Anyway, we're sitting in the corner, watching a homeless woman smoke a cigar and have a chat with herself outside our window, when who should walk in, but the musical "headliner" for Riverfest...Aaron Tippin. What?? You've never heard of Aaron Tippin?? Impossible, but allow me to refresh your memory with this little gold nugget...

2 comments:

  1. He is such a nice guy! He came and hung out with us in the VIP Lounge once he got rained out. KK was like a little giddy school girl! Glad I got to see you and all your dresses this weekend! Can't wait to meet little Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice video.

    I remember the last time I helped build a concert tent in Death Valley.

    Made me feel like a man.

    ReplyDelete