Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dear Momma

I'd like to give a shout out to my wonderful mother on the day after her birthday! Yesterday was Dotti's birthday, and we love her more today than yesterday(...err...mom, we definitely loved you on your b-day, but, you know, our love grows daily ;)
In all sincerity, we love you Dot. My mother has been my rock for the past few years. She was there for me when I was Bridezilla & then when I was Pregzilla. She has seen me at my best and my worst (she braved the delivery room), and also everything in between. Yet, she loves me and forgives me still. What a strong role model I have had. A woman of faith and strength who raised two children with minimal assistance...something I cannot imagine. By her actions & words, Dotti has shown me what is important in life...family, loyalty, loving, and of course laughing (ever wonder where I get the wacky from?). I am so grateful to call her my mother, but I am even more grateful for my daughter to have such a wonderful woman to call grandmother.
So, not only is this blog is dedicated to Dotti, I am also dedicating my musical selections to her. Yes, you heard right. For Dot's b-day week, I will be playing those soft rock hits of the 60's & 70's. (And you know I've got to throw in the classic "Dear Momma", by Tupac.)
But before you start bumping the oldies in your cubicle, take a look at the clip below. For those of you who don't know, my mom used to moonlight on Soul Train back in the late 70's to make ends meet. Take a look.


Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

1 comment: